Uniprotect Data Sheet & Application Notes for St Astier Natural Lime Paints
UNIPROTECT is a protection coating applicable externally or internally on surfaces as concrete, stone, bricks, clay terracotta, lime renders, gypsum (see note). UNIPROTECT is clear and will not affect paint colours It is studied to provide protection against chemical, physical and biological agents such as acid rain, frost, bio growth and dirt. It will also increase the resistance of lime paint coatings against adverse weather conditions.
- Micro porous and soft
- Vapour permeable (198g/m2/24hours)
- Resistant to chemical aggression from atmospheric and bio agents
- Resistant to industrial and urban pollution (CO2 and SO2)
- UHV resistant
- Alkali resistant
Density @ 20oC
Viscosity @ 20oC
1025 – 1050kg/m3
300 – 400 MPa
15 to 60 minutes
5 to 10 m2 per Litre
12.5 Litres containers
APPLICATION IN CONJUNCTION WITH ST. ASTIER LIME PAINTS.
Restoration and conservation. If painting directly on stone or bricks apply a first coat of lime paint (white or pigmented) as normal on well prepared surfaces which have been dampened enough to avoid high suction.
The second coat is applied about 24 hours later in one or two passes and will consist of the normal lime paint mix (pigmented or not) with an addition of 0.5 litres of UNIPROTECT for every 3 litres of water used.
For additional protection, in extremely exposed areas, apply a third coat with Uniprotect or only UNIPROTECT by brush, roller or spray.
NOTE: do not use UNIPROTECT on gypsum plasters or gypsum/lime plaster unless in accordance with the method described above.New Build
On cement, blocks or dense backgrounds with little suction, apply UNIPROTECT with a first coat of white lime paint (0.5 litres for every 3 litres of water used). Application with rollers or brushes: preferably use a brush or a low pressure spray gun (3.5 bar) for uneven or rough surfaces. Rollers for smooth surfaces. Clean and dampen the background adequately to control suction. Apply the first coat whilst background is still damp.
Second and, if required, third coat as per Restoration and Conservation method.
- Mix UNIPROTECT well in the prescribed dosage with the water to be used in the dilution of the lime paint.
- Do not apply at temperatures below 5oC
- Do not apply in thick layers. Eliminate thickly applied material (drips and bulges) by brushing or rolling over it whilst still wet
- Eliminate spillages immediately using a clean wet cloth.
- Fungi, lichens etc… have to be treated and cleaned off prior to application of the lime paints and UNIPROTECT
- Clean utensils immediately after usage with clean water
- Check your application area for suction. Smooth surfaces offering no suction (i.e gypsum plasters) should be slightly sanded down before applying lime paints
- Always protect the work in its early stages against rain, frost, drying wind or strong direct sun.
For further Guidance, contact your St Astier Distributor.